Tuesday, March 21, 2017

City Crafter 354

Hello!
Well, it's officially Spring Time here but you wouldn't think it looking out of my window... Still the days are getting lighter and longer and that's a good thing.

Today is City Crafter Challenge day and this week Marina is hosting for us, asking us to create a project that features a window or aperture


Here's my card


I didn't have any design in mind when I made this ... I'd bought the MFT stamps and dies (Buildable Bouquet) coloured and cut them and that was my starting point... For the front I cut an aperture in a piece of card and added some dottie acetate that I had in my stash...


Then I realised that I couldn't just add it to a card or I wouldn't have a window... Duh! So I had to cut an envelope shape that I could add the front to and still have a window...


I kept back one flower to put inside so I could make it visible from the outside... Then it occurred to me that I could have just stamped one inside! Mush brain or what?

Whilst you're still laughing, hop on over to see what the rest of the team have to share with you this week at CCCB... 

I'd also like to enter this card at the AAA Card Challenge where the theme is Die Cuts


Have a great day!

~ Ros ~



20 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card with such lovely colors!

sandie said...

This is stunning, I love you used the spot acetate. Thanks for joining AAA

nancy littrell said...

A gorgeous card and design like yours took some clever and creative engineering my friend. Your card is a Springtime beauty, Ros. TFS Hugs..

Maria said...

Very pretty card with acetate window and lovely flowers, Ros!!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this! Those flowers are fun and funky, colorful and cute. Beautiful white card with the dotted acetate window. The flap was a great idea!

Stella said...

No mush brain but I did smile reading your post :) I love that dotted acetate; it adds a touch of chic. So stylish!And your coloured flowers are stunning! Another handmade gem from you!
XXXXX

Darnell said...

I love how your mind works when you put on your designer hat, Ros! The colorful posies and unique aperture make this sensational!! Hugs, Darnell

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is really lovely in so many ways. I love the colors you chose for your happy bouquet. The acetate with the dots placed in the aperture was a great idea. Mash brain and all, your card came out beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards!

Mac Mable said...

Great layout and those stamps and die cuts are gorgeous. Love the colours you've used and the fun dotty paper. Smiled whilst reading your post x I am familiar with mush brain tendencies x

Marina said...

Very pretty and original - love the acetate.

Alexandra MacVean said...

What a unique, pretty card. I love your shades of blues and lavender combined together. :)

Diane said...

Oh so very pretty bouquet!! Love your pretty flower inside too (stamped or hand cut..lol). It is sunny today then to get very cold tonight...brrr...my poor flowers are so confused,,,and then to be very nice on Friday and rain all weekend...hubby is home sick today!

Pamellia said...

Such a beautiful card Ros! I love all the wonderful colours of your flowers, and how you have layered them really creates a dimensional bouquet! Very clever with your envelope shape for the card backing, keeping the beautiful window and design intact! hugs :)

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Ros & so unique! I've never seen dotty acetate--love it! You've outdone yourself this time! Yes, you could have stamped the flower, but using the die cut one is extra special!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Ros, this is a stunning card! I really like an acetate opening and a flower inside. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Ros! That bundle of blossoms looks fantastic! So fresh and fun!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful flowers and I love the acetate! Reading about your creative process, I can totally relate!

Tracy said...

No laughing. I have done that ind of thinking more than once. LOL The dotty acetate is lots of fun. Very cheerful card. :-)

Barbara said...

Do you ever look at posts and then get distracted... and never comment? That must have been the case here - I absolutely adored this card!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful colors and design, Ros!